Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Crispy Parmesan Edamame























They say simple is often the best and when it comes to cooking, no truer words were ever spoken. With the promise of Spring on the horizon, these days I'm all about simple delicious fare where the produce really shines through. Like this recipe for oven roasted parmesan edamame. Not only is it healthy and delicious but it takes a total of 30 seconds to prepare, how's that for easy! I love roasting up a large tray to have on hand whenever I'm craving a snack. They pair great with an ice cold glass of beer, and unexpected guests are always delighted by the sight of having something homemade to nibble on.

So next time you're pouring butter over popcorn for movie night, why not give this healthy alternative a try?











































Crispy Parmesan Edamame

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
fresh cracked pepper
2 tbsp grated parmesan (more if necessary)
1 bag of frozen edamame

Method
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees and line baking tray.
1. Open a bag of frozen edamame and spread onto baking tray in single layer.
2. Pour olive oil and lightly toss to coat evenly.
3. Season with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and parmesan cheese. Lightly toss to coat.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Slightly cool and enjoy!


20 comments:

Natalie said...

I LOVE edamame, this looks amazing!

Alissa said...

I have actually never had edamame, this looks super good! I may have to try it tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I think I've only ever had edamame at Japanese restaurants. Looks very delicious!

LUXESSED

lauren, curious constellation said...

This looks delicious. Thanks so much, I definitely need a healthy alternative to popcorn.

Sheila said...

Yum!! This is a great alternative to popcorn!! I'll have to try this out. :)

xo - Sheila
www.sheislovelyblog.com

Allison said...

OMG I am totally going to try this!! I love edamame and have been discovering some really great recipes with it lately (who knew that you could make edamame pesto??? OK, you probably did, but for someone who didn't go near a stove until about a year ago, this was news to me, and very exciting news at that!!)
:)
Allison

A's Fashion Files
Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy, and get free domestic shipping with code FREESHIP

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

You know, I started this thing called "clean eating" and this would be a great recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

Katharina said...

OMG pinning this right now! this looks incredibly good, I discovered edamame for myself only a short while ago and I love it.

Natalia | Look-A-Porter said...

Such a great idea! x

Unknown said...

Edemame is one of my favorite foods OF ALL TIME so you just made my life with this :)
Brooke @ what2wear

Rachel said...

I'm not a cheese fan, but I love me some edamame :)

Alyssa said...

This sounds SO yummy....and how did you know edamame and parmesan are my two favorite things?! I've only had it steamed in the pods though, so I have to try this version ASAP!

Alyssa
The Glossy Life

Always Maylee said...

Yum. I love edamame. And I love cheese. So I'm pretty sure I will LOVE this.

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Looks so good! I love edamame!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Simona said...

You combined two of my favorite cuisines, thank you! I never thought of adding anything else than soy sauce, but all kinds of cheeses would work, no? Have a great weekend girl!
Simona
www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

Glass to the Rim said...

wow i've never seen this recipe before but i can't wait to try it!!! I feel like I've found a gold mine! I love your blog!!

http://glasstotherim.blogspot.com

Chocolate Cookies & Candies said...

I've got to try this. I've just bought a packet of edamame and there's also plenty of parmesan cheese in the fridge. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

looks good! i never had this!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Lolita in the Mix said...

Great recipe, I am really going to give this a try, it looks delicious!!

-xoxo- lorena

http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I might just make that today as I have some frozen edamame! :) A beer would go so well with it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...